Monday, July 9, 2007

introduction

Hello Everybody! I know I haven't posted in an eternity, forgive me.
I believe that if you have a passion for something you should express it in every way possible. That is why I’m writing this blog, all the World’s a Stage. As most of you know (and if you don’t the title should clue you in), my passion is for theatre, Broadway and the like. So, I will be posting this blog a few times a week for those who are interested. In this blog you will be able to find all the latest updates in the thriving culture of theatre; I will include everything from local school accomplishments/gossip to the Tony’s , blooming new actors, fun plays and cracked ribs (We love you Idina ^-^). I read a surfeit of books on theatre performance as well so if I find anything that I believe might be a handy tip to any thespian I will be sure to include it!

As of now I would like to introduce the reader to the Cappies program. It is a great organization to get involved in if you have the opportunity to do so. The Cappies program is all about critiquing other schools shows and writing a review. It was an absolute joy to be a part of it this year. You have a team for your school, and you go and see the schools performances that you have signed up for then discuss it with the rest of the Cappies that came to the show. At the end of the year there is a gala and awards are handed out. It’s basically a mini Tony’s awards ceremony. Check it out at http://www.cappies.com/

No comments: